• Part of our How to Wear It series •
How to Wear Crop Tops
by Joe Price
January 12, 2021
At Ragstock, we always try to look on the bright side. That’s why in the depths of winter, we are talking about crop tops! The most summery garment of all time. If you have ever hesitated about wearing one of these breezy tops, I’m glad you’re reading this, because we have the key to how to wear crop tops (even during the coldest months). The beauty of crop tops is they are perfect on bodies of all kinds; anyone can pull off a crop top. The key is confidence! Remember your fabulosity not only when you’re wearing one of these, but at all times! On the market for a crop top? Shop them here! Otherwise, let’s get croppin’!
1. Let’s start things off with a bang with this monochromatic pink look. Style your biggest pants with your smallest crop top for an outfit that packs a punch. Don’t forget a statement belt!
2. This cream ribbed crop top with matching pants is delightful. We love how Jacky added an oversized blazer, and piled on the silver jewelry. Truly an iconic outfit.
3. Is that…a tie dye cropped hoodie from Ragstock? Why yes it is! Grab one for yourself here. If you’re cropping the top, might as well crop the bottoms and wear a pair of dolphin shorts, too!
4. A plain white crop top is like a good friend. At times, it can take the back burner while other elements of an outfit shine. Look at the texture of this teddy overcoat, stunning! All thanks to that loyal crop top underneath!
5. High waisted pants and crop tops are truly a match made in heaven. As proven in this look. Have fun with cropping your old items of clothing for a bold fashion statement, like this DIY cropped button up!
6. Here is another great DIY crop. This time, a bleach dipped flannel. For a grunge aesthetic, wear one with a black skirt or shorts, and fishnets.
7. Layering a graphic crop top over a mesh long sleeve shirt is a quintessential e-girl styling tip, and my personal favorite way to style a crop top. It’s even better if the top is from Ragstock, like this one!
8. This is some fearless fashion right here! We love to see it. A distressed crop top under a decorative bomber jacket is a perfect way to use clothing as personal expression. The hand-doodled painter’s pants are a great addition.
9. No need to show belly in a crop top, a long crop is just as valid! The matching crop on the three-quarter length sleeves on this DIY sweatshirt is a lovely touch. Style with some sleek flared black trousers.
10. A bright turtleneck under a crop top is a fun, no nonsense look. Lilie styled this with some high waisted pinstripe pants and a unique belt. A recipe for success!
11. Cut the hem off of an old college sweatshirt for an easy breezy cropped look. Wearing one with a flat brimmed baseball hat makes for a relaxed skater-boy outfit.
12. Bury that crop top under an oversized winter coat and some baggy pants for an athleisure look–very on trend! Try coordinating the colors for a two-in-one trending outfit.
13. This blunt cropped polo over a zebra print skirt is a knockout. The effortlessness is so charming! Try this out for yourself with an oversized rugby shirt or button up.
14. Remember to play with patterns! This brash printed crop top under a more subdued printed button up is an excellent way to do that.
Next time you throw on one of these shortened shirts, we hope you think of us! We’ll be thinking of you. To shop our huge selection of crop tops, hit the link below. Now get to cropping!
Black Lace Trim Seamless Top$10.99
Black Lace Insert Seamless Top$10.99
White Ribbed V Neck Crop Top$12.99
Black Ribbed V Neck Crop Top$12.99
Embroidered Rose Tie Front Tie Dye Long Sleeve Tee$29.99
Embroidered Cherub Tie Dye Long Sleeve Tee$29.99
Happy Hour Trip Long Sleeve T-Shirt$15.99
Adventures of Magic Mushroom Long Sleeve T-Shirt$15.99
Yellow Plaid Crop Cami$14.99
Butterfly Long Sleeve Mesh Top$15.99
Butterfly In The Sky Long Sleeve Mesh Top$18.99
Storm Dragon Long Sleeve Mesh Top$15.99