How to Wear a Hawaiian Shirt in 15 Different Ways
With major trends of the ’80s here to stay this season, we’ve been seeing Hawaiian shirts everywhere. If you’re one of the silly few who believe Hawaiian shirts exist solely as vacation-wear, think again: we’ve gathered up fifteen different ways to style the classic shirt below. Check out looks from some style savants at Lookbook.nu and shop our vintage Hawaiian shirts and new Hawaiian shirts while you’re at it.
1. Loosely tuck your Hawaiian shirt into a pair of trousers to put a business spin on your outfit.
2. Layer up: start with your favorite graphic tee, add a Hawaiian shirt, and finish with a fuzzy sweater.
3. Tuck a buttoned-up oversized Hawaiian shirt into a denim skirt of any length. Don’t forget your favorite accessories!
4. Take a super oversized Hawaiian and belt it, creating a faux dress. Add shorts if necessary!
6. An open Hawaiian shirt with a crop top and sunglasses is the perfect answer to summer sun (or a night out).
10. Layer a Hawaiian shirt over a mock-neck sweater for a solid transitional fall outfit.
11. Have a pair of Hawaiian-print shorts on hand? Pack a real punch and wear ’em together.
13. Roll up the sleeves and pair with some trainers and your favorite pair of vintage denim jeans.
14. Show a little skin: keep most of your Hawaiian shirt unbuttoned to add an unexpected element to your ‘fit.